Senior Buyer - £50,000 - £55,000
£50000 - £55000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Senior Buyer - £50,000 - £55,000 (Hinckley)
Role: Senior Buyer
Salary: Up to £50,000 - £55,000
Location: Hinckley (Flexible - 3/4 days per week in office)
This is an extremely exciting career move for anyone looking to move into an ever-changing industry which is growing exponentially. This organisation is revolutionising the way in which manufacturing & engineering is carried out with their pristine finished products.
With large modern offices and showrooms which are very impressive when viewed on site, my clients product attracts a lot of customers worldwide.
The role will be looking after the direct components while growing the overall volume of goods in line with the current company growth.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of their commodity's global supply market and ensure a suitable knowledge base is maintained for the company.
- Working in a fast paced, high demanding environment while being commercially aware of every implication throughout the procurement function.
- Identifying new technologies and driving their implementation to enhance product line up.
- Evaluate cost data and quotation analyses for supplier selections.
- Manage strong supplier relationships and build new long lasting suppliers when the opportunity arises.
- Manage a selection of suppliers a given commodity groups while managing a graduate buyer, drive their learning and development within the department.
- Capitalise on cost saving opportunities through market intelligence/data, negotiations and category strategy.
- Develop a category strategy for the commodities ensuring best value and quickest and most suitable sources for new model development programmes.
- Perform category management including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, contract, performance and risk management which will see you evaluate cost data and quotation analyses for supplier selections.
- Automotive and Manufacturing/Engineering industry knowledge & experience.
- Proven experience within category or procurement role previously.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods with strong previous experience.
- Attention to detail and strong supplier & stakeholder management skills.
- Ensuring you manage your supply base accurately to deliver optimal value.
- A strong desire to build effective and communicate/forge sustainable relationships with your stakeholders & suppliers.
- The desire to make a difference in a growing company looking to make an instant impact.