£54000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Senior Electronics Buyer - £54,000 - £60,000 (Perm)
Hybrid working (2-3 days from home)
One of my innovative exciting clients are going through a phase of continued growth, I am currently looking for a Senior Electronics Buyer - to join the team specifically to manage Electronic commodities. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for procurement activities including supply chain development, commodity strategies, integration of purchasing and inventory processes into the ERP system and the management of materials and inventory.
- Creating commodity strategies for electronic commodities.
- Purchasing goods, materials, components, or services in line with the specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement.
- Negotiating contracts for such commodities, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and reviewing opportunities to make business savings.
- Ensuring a continuous stock/supply of required goods and materials and communicate any delayed lead times which may pose a risk or impact on business as usual.
- Carrying out market research and seeking areas of opportunity to reduce costs where possible.
- Assessing tenders and quotations from potential suppliers.
- Assessing and evaluating suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Maintain relationships with Stakeholders throughout the business.
- Researching, market analysis and building working relationships with new suppliers and subcontractors.
- Support the Supply Chain Management team working as a unit and monitoring supplier OTIF.
- Experience working in an manufacturing or automotive environment.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management.
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- Experience in supplier/customer relationship management
- Understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment and experience in leading cost reduction activities
- Proactive candidate with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with teams.
- Competent within IT including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV)
- Experience of working within a Tier 1 Automotive environment
- Completed or studying towards CIPS qualification.
Please apply now if you you've got relevant experience/skill-set and I will be in touch as soon as possible.