£35000 - £40000 per annum + package
12 months ago
Senior Category Manager, role required by our Southampton based client. This organisation has gone through significant change over the last 18 months almost doubling the size of their procurement function with further plans to ensure the procurement arrangements reflect the organisation strategy.
The job holder will play a significant role by embedding a category managed approach, delivering value for money through high quality arrangements. As a member of the team, you will need a high level of commercial acumen, an understanding of end-to-end procurement process, significant experience of contract management and the ability to build strong, productive relationships with a diverse stakeholder group including academic and research staff, "heads of" within the organisations professional services functions and key external suppliers and partners
Senior Category Manager - Various indirect Categories
The successful applicants should have significant previous experience of preparing tender documentation, ensuring compliance with internal & external procurement regulations, concluding & awarding contracts and delivering savings & associated benefits as well as building strong supplier relationships.
- Demonstrable work experience delivering complex procurement projects within a category management approach
- Demonstrable experience developing and delivering category wave plans, demonstrating substantial changes to activity from stakeholders
- Proven successful and significant experience of working at a strategic level and senior level within a large, complex and multi-disciplinary organisation
- Experience working within a regulated environment
- Procurement governance best practice, leading practice processes for sourcing, supplier management and category management