Amsterdam, North Holland
€80000 - €110000 per annum + 25% bonus + package
2 months ago
Role: Regional Category Manager - IT and Telecom, EMEA and Asia
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Flexible Working: 3 days office, 2 days work from home
Salary: Up to €110k + 25% bonus + package
Are you an ambitious Procurement Manager with experience managing high-value IT and Telecommunication spend internationally?
If so, this is an exciting role in a truly global manufacturing business with a turnover in the tens of billions. Your remit will cover the whole of Europe and Asia and offers significant leadership where you'll lead multiple reports at a country level. Category spend c€200m. This will be across hardware, software, cloud and telco.
Excellent progression opportunities both within the main company and across the broader group.
- Translates category and supplier strategies into executable sourcing plans based on actual portfolio demands Ensures cost, availability, innovation, and quality within the sourcing plan creation and execution
- Executes regional supplier selection along strategy, requirements, supplier base development, and identification of new suppliers Is responsible for efficient RFx process from selection through onboarding according to the agreed strategies
- Leads price negotiations, contract, and life cycle management with suppliers
- Ensures compliance with procurement process, SOX and other statutory requirements within own category Ensures compliance to supplier portfolio within own category/region and in alignment with Project Management
- Liaises with Global Category Manager for the anticipation and handling of changes based on supply market dynamics Manages supplier performance
- Is accountable for agreed KPIs (internal and external) and their reporting
- A high degree of travel will be required in order to perform the role effectively
- Current Right to Work in the Netherlands + Fluent English
- 6-10 years of strategic end to end procurement experience
- Significant experience procuring IT and telco commodities
- Experience managing a Category in a large international company, or, have Category Management as a logical progression opportunity
- Strong experience of managing stakeholders in diverse environments - multiple business units, languages, cultures
- Ability to operate in an unstructured working environment - comfortable with change and uncertainty