US$70000 - US$75000 per annum + + up to 20% bonus
about 2 months ago
Are you dedicated to tackling climate change and improving lives? Join a fast-growing team within an international consultancy in Michigan.
We are looking for an experienced RECs and Global Energy Attribute Certificates Manager to join the Global Markets, Portfolio Management team, to focus on green certificates globally.
Role: RECS and Global Energy Attribute Certificates Manager
Location: Michigan, working from home options available
Salary: $75K + up to 20% performance bonus
In this role you will play a key part in developing the team to provide technical and commercial support for colleagues, project partners, and existing and prospective clients. This means that you need to conduct supplier and project level due diligence, provide technical analyses of emerging emission reduction approaches, evaluate project impacts, negotiate supply agreements, and manage instrument delivery and fulfilment. The role involves working cross functionally with all operating groups, including Portfolio Management, Sales, Marketing, and Finance, to ensure the company originates the best climate solutions.
You will be successful with creating thinking who will help shape the development of the climate solutions portfolio, based on technical understanding and business acumen. The role requires expertise across climate solutions and how these are organised within the carbon standards, plus a commitment and willingness to become an expert in new and emerging methodologies.
This role reports to and collaborates closely with the Head of Sourcing and a variety of strategic and operational initiatives that touch all departments of the organisation. In addition, the individual will collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams to build instrument portfolios that our clients value and work closely with the Finance team to ensure the instruments deliver our financial and reporting targets.
- Experience in energy attribute certificate markets or any parallel markets (carbon, renewable energy).
- Experience in Sourcing Energy Attribute Certificates, including but not limited to NA RECs, UK REGOs, European GOs, I-RECs and new EAC products in emerging markets.
- Interest in different international EAC markets.
- Ability to solve complex problems and make challenging decisions, based on sound judgment and analytical techniques.
- A commercial mindset to represent and protect business' interests.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills to operate successfully and efficiently in a competitive market where demand is high.
If you are interested, please either apply to this job or send your CV and a brief outline of your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you know someone else that may be interested, please forward this to them.