Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Car Allowance, Healthcare, Pension
4 months ago
A fast-growing infrastructure, networks and utilities company in the North East is seeking a Quantity Surveyor with exposure to Civils projects to join their Commercial team.
The organisation has recently been awarded several multi-million pound contracts, cementing their place as build partner to one of the UK's largest full fibre broadband providers.
To ensure their continued growth and success, an experienced Quantity Surveyor is required to run point on essential pre- and post-contract activities across multiple programmes of work, ensuring the business receives the best possible value and service from their supply base.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious QS wishing to elevate themselves to a pivotal position within a dynamic, agile Commercial function, and become a major player in the expansion plans of a thriving SME.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years' Quantity Surveying experience within the Civils/Infrastructure/Telco space.
- Adept at negotiating, implementing and managing commercial contracts, with knowledge of NEC forms of contract and a track record of developing innovative contract solutions to enhance supply chain delivery.
- First rate interpersonal and stakeholder management skills - adept at building relationships with a wide range of internal and external parties.
- Understanding of Council Street Works licence and permit schemes (desirable).
- Relevant qualification, e.g. BSc Quantity Surveying / MRICS.