£40000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Package
14 days ago
Purchasing Project Manager - Derby
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that you, the Purchasing Project Manager will coordinate and support all Purchasing and Procurement activity in relation to all NPIP (New Product Introduction Policy) activity and localisation projects. The co-ordination involves the delivery of the Group Purchasing Policy to comply with the functional requirements of the organisation.
This position will require you at act as a Project Manager between the Purchasing and Procurement departments, where you will improve communication, organisation and the delivery of key projects within the business. You must be able to communicate at all levels of the business and have the ability to prioritise workload and precise deadlines.
Responsibilities as a Purchasing Project Manager:
- Project Sourcing Reviews - Ensure the scope and targets of the new programme are agreed through cross-functional reviews to facilitate early supplier engagement, purchasing category compliance and commercial approach. Support the construction of a synthetic BOM and provide a summary of the existing supplier performance that includes development plans where appropriate.
- Plan for Every Part - Generate and maintain a PFEP to support Engineering in constructing a drawing release plan capable of supporting the overall timing requirements and to project manage the long lead time parts. To work with the various category teams in the creation of appropriate countermeasures and monitor the supplier delivery of those plans.
- Confidentiality - Manage the completion of supplier non-disclosure agreements for specific programmes.
- Component Validation - Support engineering with the fit for purpose sign off procedure.
- Risk Mitigation - Identify appropriate suppliers to participate in product launch reviews and manage any associated risk identified within this activity.
- Quality - Monitor and report the overall quality status and actively support the monitoring of timing plans and expediting of parts and / or quality documents.
- Cost Control - Work together with Engineering and the various Purchasing teams to support the target creation process for new parts and report the consolidated status, the progress and the cost saving opportunities throughout the launch of a programme.
- Gate Reviews - Prepare the papers summarising the overall Purchasing position for the NPIP gate reviews and represent the function when appropriate.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess the following skills:
- Project management
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate effective multi-functional team working
- Influential dexterity
- Practical problem solving
- Leading and managing change
- Conflict resolution ability
- Engineering and design understanding
- Financial awareness
- Strong sense of urgency with a positive attitude
Experience & Qualifications
- Engineering and/or Programme Management understanding
- Experience in a Purchasing environment
- Preferably CIPS/PRINCE2 qualified
- Production or Engineering background
- Flexibility to travel as needed
If you have project management, or programme management experience within either an automotive, manufacturing or engineering environment, please either apply directly to this advert, or get in touch with me at: email@example.com