£600 - £750 per day
19 days ago
Role: PMO Lead [ Project Management Office ]
Location: Reading/Winnersh [minimum 2 days on site]
Salary: Circa £600 - £750 p/d depending on experience
Manage cross commercial coordination of major programme delivery supporting procurement activities and Commercial Leadership Team. We are currently seeking a highly skilled Project Management Office (PMO) Lead with SC Clearance, experienced in working with the Ministry of Defence (MOD) or other Central Government agencies.
You will liaise between diverse stakeholder community and partners within government departments and large defence organisations to support mission and safety critical systems and accelerate the development of future technology and major infrastructure projects. Our team values integrity, teamwork, and innovation in delivering successful programmes that have big impacts on the wider UK Economy.
Our PMO is at the heart of our mission success ensuring we deliver to our customers to time, cost and quality. The PMO is the fulcrum for all departments across the group ensuring we have the right information, controls and tools in place to deliver our projects. As PMO Lead you will be working as part of a small Project Management Office team reporting to our Commercial Director. The role will involve working with a range of internal stakeholders to provide accurate information and data to support for the effective delivery of our projects and wider programmes.
The successful candidate will manage two other PMO professionals to govern and support project performance. The PMO Lead will also be required to provide ongoing administration of project procedures, providing support to the Senior Leadership Team and stakeholders across Procurement and Supply Chain community to ensure adherence to all aspects of Project Lifecycle Processes and Project governance are tracked and reported accurately.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure the PMO is both effective and efficient, delivering benefits and value to the business.
- Proactively engage with stakeholder community to develop effective Management Information.
- Creating and maintaining project records, ensuring relevant information remains accurate and up to date.
- Provide governance to best practice project delivery standards.
- Providing support to our Senior Leadership Team to manage cost, schedule and quality with associated data and metrics where required.
- Collating project performance metrics from various data sources to report against cost, schedule, milestone delivery and other KPIs.
- Issue project updates to clients as appropriate.
- Lead/implement/design the maintenance of overarching procedures for the governance of projects within the framework of our existing Quality Management System.
- Develop and maintain visual management tools to support Project delivery and reporting.
- Lead the creation of standard report formats and the generation and management of project KPIs.
- Support the business with administrative tasks associated with managing and delivering our projects..
- Support project and operational meetings.
We are looking for:
- Previous experience leading a PMO and establishing best practice project management, ideally in a defence consulting business.
- Communication skills, senior level stakeholder management, steer reviews at all levels of the organisation.
- Exceptional planning and organisational capabilities.
- Working knowledge and experience of project management processes.
- Successful track record of process / business improvement
- Excellent understanding of Project Controls processes including Project Reporting, Cost Management, Scheduling, Risk & Opportunity Management and Baseline Change Management
- Experience in using Project Controls toolsets for reporting.
- Ability to interpret and analyse multiple data sources of management information and present to senior stakeholders.
- Experience in problem solving to support effective project issue resolution.
- Project finance analysis / reporting.
- Demonstrable experience of process development / implementation.
- APM qualification.
You can expect:
- To work in an exciting, fast paced environment where you will have the opportunity to add value and make a difference.
- To work for a forward thinking, agile organisation who embrace diversity.
- Exposure to unique strategically challenging and complex programmes valued in £Billions
Essentials to work with us:
- You must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
- You will need to hold current SC Clearance to transfer for this role
- You will need to undergo an internal BPSS check prior to gaining site access.
- You will also need to hold a current SC clearance
- 5+Years of PMO experience across similar scale programmes
If you are a motivated and enthusiastic PMO Lead with a strong background in complex programmes, technical projects and have experience in complex strategically challenging environments and/or MOD environment, I want to hear from you. This could be a great opportunity to work on a a unique and generational programme. Apply online and ideally also send your CV to email@example.com so we can arrange a time to discuss your background, suitability and the role itself in more detail.