£45000 - £52000 per annum
4 months ago
Programme Buyer, - £45,000 - 52,000 (Hybrid working)
OXFORD, LONDON /ELEMENTS - DIRECT PROCUREMENT
I currently have an innovative growing client of mine within the Automotive industry seeking a programme Buyer. The company works with some of the world's leading businesses within the Automotive industry to achieve their goal providing top quality service/products throughout the electric vehicle space.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help them to push the boundaries. Their New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house and combines it with assembly in our nearby testing facilities.
Direct Programme Buyer - £45,000 - £52,000 (Hybrid working)
Role: Senior Buyer
Salary: Up to £52,000 + Discretionary Bonus
Location: Oxford (Flexible - 2/3 days per week in office)
- Negotiating prototype contracts, improved costs and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Leading and delivering prototype purchasing strategy with Advanced and Core Engineering.
- Leading and implementing change management process to manage all technical changes throughout the programme life.
- Pro-active management of programme cost control from product conception through to series production.
- Identification of technical and commercial cross-programme improvement areas.
- Providing regular status reports on new and current programme to include, cost, sourcing timing, PPAP and associated risks and opportunities.
- Ownership of risk and opportunities tracker to drive forward resolution to business issues and maximise value of cost reduction initiatives.
- To own order placement with low volume/prototype suppliers in support of development build and tracking of development costs.
- Working closely with the Senior Cost Engineer to create and deploy programme target costs in line with business objectives.
- Previous proven experience within a similar role.
- Experience working in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management.
- Understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with teams.
- Strong IT skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word and the ability to present data with recommendations in a clear, concise and coherent manner.
- Good attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
If you think you have the relevant skills to carry out this role or are interested, apply and I will be in touch as soon as possible!