£45000 - £50000 per annum
8 months ago
Programme Buyer: (Hybrid working) - £45,000 - £50,000
Role: Programme Buyer
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Location: Kidlington, Oxfordshire
I am currently working with an exciting growing client of mine within the Automotive industry looking to add firepower to their Procurement team through a Programme Buyer.
The Business are an innovative forward-thinking, fast-growing company looking to continue their success in the coming months and years building on their already hard-earned partnerships and expanding projects.
The individual will have experience of Programme purchasing previously, ideally within the Automotive industry or heavy manufacturing/engineering sector experience.
- Leading and implementing the change management process to manage all technical changes throughout the programme life.
- Pro-active management of programme cost control from product conception through to series production.
- Ownership of risk and opportunities tracker to drive forward resolution to business issues and maximise value of cost reduction initiatives.
- Identification of technical and commercial cross-programme improvement areas.
- Negotiating prototype contracts, improved costs and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Working closely with the Senior Cost Engineer to create and deploy programme target costs in line with business objectives.
- To be the voice of Purchasing through various programme meetings, including project reviews and other po-functional forums.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- Experience working in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with teams.
- Understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
If you think you are right for this role, apply and I will be in touch as soon as possible.