£45000 - £52000 per annum
6 months ago
Production Buyer, 9 Month FTC - £52,000 (Hybrid working)
OXFORD, LONDON /ELEMENTS - DIRECT PROCUREMENT
I currently have an innovative growing client of mine within the Automotive industry seeking a production Buyer. The company works with some of the world's leading businesses within the Automotive industry to achieve their goal providing top quality service/products throughout the electric vehicle space.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help them to push the boundaries. Their New Method takes their portfolio of technologies created in-house and combines it with assembly in our nearby testing facilities.
Direct Production Buyer - £52,000 (Hybrid working)
Salary: Up to £52,000 + Discretionary Bonus
Location: Oxford (Flexible - 2/3 days per week in office)
- Negotiating contracts (when and where required), improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and reviewing opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Liaise with stakeholders at all levels both internally and with our external suppliers.
- Researching and building working relationships with new suppliers.
- Support the Supply Chain Management team monitoring supplier OTIF.
- Assessing quotations from suppliers & Identify cost reduction, VA/VE opportunities and lead the commercial element.
- Ensuring a continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Researching and evaluating areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Assessing and evaluating suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement
- Experience working in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Understanding of cost drivers in a manufacturing environment and experience in leading cost reduction activities.
- Good IT skills including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience of stakeholder management.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively with teams.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV) (Desired but not essential)
If you think you have the relevant skills to carry out this role or are interested, apply and I will be in touch as soon as possible!