Up to £56000 per annum + Excellent benefits
about 1 month ago
An exciting opportunity to join a key university where equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded into the culture and values in a way that is distinct not only amongst universities, but amongst organisations in any sector. Their expectations and ambitions are high, they aspire to be known as the UK's most inclusive university, and to achieve sector-leading outcomes because of their inclusiveness.
If you are you looking for a role where you are a key procurement link and where you can manage strategically important, complex procurements in
This kind of environment, we would like to hear from you.
- Reporting to the Head of Procurement you will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic plans for designated
- categories of goods and services. This will include market research and analysis, sourcing suitable suppliers, tendering, supplier selection, contract award and contract management.
- The context and impact of this work is to help Schools and Services deliver plans and objectives, use the procurement of goods and services to enhance the student experience and contributing to the university's financial sustainability.
- The key function of the job is to identify and understand the business's requirements and apply a strategic sourcing process selecting vendors that can best meet those requirements and deliver optimum value for money.
- To be successful in this role, you will possess the ability to build robust relationships with the university stakeholders and experienced in make versus buy decisions, effective market shaping, soft market testing and commercial negotiation with proven results.
- Ability to develop excellent supplier and stakeholder relationships and lead and manage cross functional teams both
- Effectively work and communicate with staff at all levels, up to and including the University Executive Board.
- You will also have demonstrable experience of leading and delivering change projects and programmes, building on best practice frameworks and processes
- You will enable cultural change, with a demonstrable improvement in services and increased efficiencies across the organisation.
- Relevant professional qualification, such as CIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply), or a recognised business qualification.
- Ideally experience in Public Contract Regulations and associated Case Law.
- Responsible for developing and managing a broad range of complex category related activities.
If this is of interest, please send your cv to Alex Steel email@example.com to schedule a chat and find out more. Interviews will take place ASAP.