US$110000 - US$150000 per annum + max 40% bonus + package
9 days ago
Role: Procurement Operations Manager - North America
Location: Atlanta, Georgia - 3 days home working, 2 days office
Salary: Up to $150k + max 40% bonus + package
This is a great strategic procurement opportunity to become the North American primary point of contact for raw materials and commodities across manufacturing, within one of the world's leading multi-billion-dollar manufacturing companies that are in the midst of a procurement transformation.
You will play a key role in the growth of the Procurement Operations department with the potential to grow your team over the coming months. You will work closely with the global SLT to constantly raise the profile of sourcing by focusing on core raw material categories and embedding global best practices and sourcing strategies across the multiple spend categories in the US. Driving sustainability will also be another key facet of this role.
This role offers the right candidate the perfect opportunity to advance their career and ultimately move into a more senior critical leadership position as a next step.
- Responsible as the Subject Matter Expert in raw materials and commodities
- Acts as business partner and primary point of contact for country level for all raw materials at country, cluster, or site levels.
- Partners with finance (country & site level) stakeholders to discuss market movements, impact on finance budget, forecasting, and reviews to agree on savings projects' metrics.
- Partners with the global production category team to develop category strategy insights
- Developing and managing RFPs and contractual agreements for national and regional projects
- Source, manage and develop local supplier relationships to ensure adequate supply, price and service level
- Creating and managing SAP reports around Site spend (by Item, group of items and Vendor).
- Facilitate the integration between the Procurement and Purchasing functions; ensuring site compliance with supplier contracts, procurement strategies and purchasing policies
- Engage site operations and maintenance teams to identify improvement and cost savings opportunities along with areas of concern
- Working closely with the sites on stock and storeroom processes through SAP
- Managing and evaluating departmental requirements, establishing best practices, standardizing policies and procedures in the systems consistent with the administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- 3/4+ years of relevant strategic procurement experience
- Ideally, raw material, directs or commodity exposure
- An interest in driving P2P and continuous improvement
- Experience working with production/manufacturing teams
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
If this sounds like you, then please apply ASAP. This is a client whom we have worked closely with for several years and are building a world-class procurement function. They are eager to recruit the right person quickly so please send me your CV to email@example.com