€65000 - €75000 per annum + + package
about 1 month ago
Role: Procurement Operations Manager
Location: Madrid, Spain
Salary: €65-75k + Package
Languages: English & Spanish
This exciting and challenging procurement role offers an experienced purchasing professional the chance to join a dynamic procurement function with an experienced and welcoming senior leadership team. The organisation has recently transformed its' procurement function and gives the successful applicant the opportunity to raise the profile of procurement within their region.
You will collaborate with the Head of Operations Management and lead a team of 4 direct reports to coordinate and implement global procurement strategies across the client's sites in Spain and Portugal.
Ideally you will have operational category management experience, be able to facilitate best practice at grass roots level, identify areas for improvement and communicate effectively with a diverse stakeholder community.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering or manufacturing background with experience across P2P, quality, continuous process improvement.
- Manages Supplier relationship with Key National Accounts to ensure adequate quantities/price and services defined by the group category manager
- Coaches, motivates and guides the Team and develops Purchasing resources to meet business objectives
- Manages back-office procurement operations (P2P, Quality complains request, continuous improvement process…)
- Ensures procedures in place to monitor and control quality process
- Directs, Reviews and Manages purchasing strategy set by the Group
- Ensures KPI service & savings targets are set and achieved
- Develops and leads Procurement Operations Team to achieve all functional and Business Targets
- Monitors the performance of staff based on procurement and customer relationship management and initiate corrective measures
- Acts as business partner and primary point of contact for country level (Packaging & Recycling) and Mill (Paper) management
- Builds a strong relationship with the business and attend business leadership meetings, at country, cluster or site levels
- 5+ years of relevant Procurement experience in a fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiating, influencing and communication skills.
- Experience across operational procurement
- Experience with P2P, quality, continuous process improvement
- Fluent in English and Spanish, reasonable Portuguese
- Educated to Degree level or higher
If of interest, please apply ASAP and ideally send your current CV along with a brief outline of your relevant Procurement experience to Geoff.firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you know someone else that me be interested please forward to them.