South West England, England
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare, Share Plan
11 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled Procurement Operations Manager with expertise in Procurement systems, governance and risk management to join a leading Logistics firm in the South West.
This is a newly created position reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, who needs a right-hand person to take responsibility for Procurement process and policy, act as subject matter expert for the recently implemented ERP system, own relationships with other internal control functions and lead on internal communications strategy.
The role requires a nuanced individual with a broad understanding of operational procedures and controls, and the capability to apply them cross-functionally within a fast-paced, challenging organisation.
Like any forward thinking employer, the business has adopted a flexible working model in the wake of the pandemic, and you will only be required to spend a couple of days per month in the office.
If you're considering a move and would relish the chance to help shape an emerging Procurement function alongside a dynamic, inspirational Procurement leader, apply now.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Procurement governance, plus demonstrable experience of devising, implementing and managing process and policy within a corporate Procurement function.
- First rate interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to articulate risks and recommendations in a clear and concise manner, and influence behaviours to ensure advice is followed.
- Highly motivated and organised, adept at juggling conflicting priorities and adapting to the demands of a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Proficient in the use of digital Procurement tools, ideally including at least one major ERP system.
- Experience of collaborating with offshore BPO teams (desirable).