Procurement Operations Manager
US$120000 - US$170000 per annum + + bonus + package
19 days ago
Role: Procurement Operations Manager
Location: New York City
Salary: Up to $170k + bonus + package
Are you an ambitious and proactive procurement operations and technology expert with experience implementing and continually developing and improving new procurement technologies, systems, and processes across a complex international organisation with a variety of high-value business-critical categories?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity to define the global procurement operations function of a major global company and work closely with the procurement SLT.
With significant senior exposure, an international remit and a healthy growth mindset, this role offers the perfect opportunity to spearhead a comprehensive transformation in procurement capability for a leading global organisation.
- You will support the Global Procurement SLT to manage and develop their procurement systems and technology roadmap, with end-to-end responsibility for the day-to-day administration and future development of the function internationally.
- You will be responsible for researching, procuring, developing, implementing, and enacting the procurement systems strategy on an international basis.
- Working in conjunction with global, regional and category leaders you will develop category and region-specific strategies and then effectively roll these out across tactical, operational, and strategic procurement teams.
- You will work closely on the integration of new technologies with legacy systems, working closely with internal IT leadership to develop a continuous improvement roadmap bolstered by significant market research and engagement.
- You will continually develop the business case for further procurement investment, using your influencing skills to drive innovation across the organisation.
- You will have a wealth of knowledge across a variety of procurement systems, operations, and technologies including P2P, SRM, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Digitalisation, Blockchain, Intelligent Automation and Machine Learning.
- You will be naturally curious about the role that technology plays in procurement, continuously seeking to learn and understand how new innovations can benefit and improve day-to-day operations.
- You will demonstrate experience gained in a complex, multi-faceted global organisation, encompassing a broad variety of complex international categories.
- You will have an experienced and consultative approach to engaging, influencing, and supporting stakeholders internationally at a variety of seniority levels.
- You will be proactive and autonomous, with the ability to develop business cases and drive innovation through natural curiosity and a deep passion for the role technology and systems play in procurement.
- Relevant academic qualifications I.E. Masters, CIPS/ISM etc.