US$150000 - US$210000 per annum + bonus and package
about 1 year ago
Role: Procurement Operations Director
Location: New York City
Salary: Up to $210k + bonus + package
Are you an ambitious and proactive procurement operations and technology expert with experience implementing and continually developing and improving new procurement technologies, systems, and processes across a complex international organisation with a variety of high-value business-critical categories?
If so, this is an exciting opportunity to join the global procurement leadership team of a major global company and develop a world-class procurement operations and enablement function.
Joining an experienced CPO and a motivated Senior Leadership Team, you will support the global procurement team to enable more effective, efficient, and productive procurement across their international portfolio.
With significant senior exposure, an international remit and a healthy growth mindset, this role offers the perfect opportunity to spearhead a comprehensive transformation in procurement capability for a leading global organisation.
- You will support the Global Procurement SLT to manage and develop their procurement systems and technology roadmap, with end-to-end responsibility for the day-to-day administration and future development of the function internationally.
- You will be responsible for researching, procuring, developing, implementing, and enacting the procurement systems strategy on an international basis.
- Working in conjunction with global, regional and category leaders you will develop category and region-specific strategies and then effectively roll these out across tactical, operational, and strategic procurement teams.
- You will work closely on the integration of new technologies with legacy systems, working closely with internal IT leadership to develop a continuous improvement roadmap bolstered by significant market research and engagement.
- You will continually develop the business case for further procurement investment, using your influencing skills to drive innovation across the organisation.
- This role is based in New York City, USA. Semi-regular national and international travel will be required.
- You will have a wealth of knowledge across a variety of procurement systems, operations, and technologies including P2P, SRM, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, Digitalisation, Blockchain, Intelligent Automation and Machine Learning.
- You will be naturally curious about the role that technology plays in procurement, continuously seeking to learn and understand how new innovations can benefit and improve day-to-day operations.
- You will demonstrate experience gained in a complex, multi-faceted global organisation, encompassing a broad variety of complex international categories.
- You will have an experienced and consultative approach to engaging, influencing, and supporting stakeholders internationally at a variety of seniority levels.
- You will be proactive and autonomous, with the ability to develop business cases and drive innovation through natural curiosity and a deep passion for the role technology and systems play in procurement.
- Relevant academic qualifications I.E. Masters, CIPS/ISM etc.