Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Procurement Officer - £35k per annum - Midlands
A great opportunity to join a Public Sector organisation with a very well established team in their Procurement function.
As the Procurement Officer you will be part of the organisation's procurement and brokerage team, manage the full procurement process and report into the Procurement Team Leader.
- To carry out, or advise on, the full range of procurement and contracting services for allocated service areas to include pre engagement, scoping, efficient tendering, negotiation, contract drafting, contract management and procurement best practice.
- Provide advice to other officers of the Council on procurement regulations
- Work with commissioners / procurement officers to identify and involve all internal stakeholders who will be involved in the delivery of, or supporting with, specific contracts.
- Create and implement monitoring arrangements for services including outcome measures and methods for assessing the views of the service users and the community.
- Work closely with the Quality and Data Officer to manage contracts and relationship with current providers
- Use and encourage innovative procurement methods to obtain better value and drive down costs or achieve cost avoidance
- Participate and indentify areas of contracted services for development or change.
- Facilitate, support or lead on financial negotiations on contracts as appropriate for the contract and service area.
Please contact me as soon as you can to discuss this in more detail. email@example.com or call on 01483 213 302