£43000 - £50000 per annum
13 days ago
We have a fantastic opportunity for a procurement professional to join a NHS Trust organisation, we are looking for candidates that have procurement leadership based either in public OR private sector!
This post sits in the Strategic Procurement team and is primarily based at a Hospital site near Stafford, reporting to the Head of Procurement - Strategic Sourcing & Special Projects. The role is directly responsible for a portfolio of contracts and also for managing, supporting and guiding the work of 3 members of staff in one of the Strategic Procurement teams based at the Stoke site, each with their own contract portfolios.
The Trust offers 27 days annual leave on appointment, rising to 29 days after 5 years' of service and 33 days after 10 years' of service. In addition, there is also the potential to accrue hours towards flexi-leave in accordance with the flexible working policy.
The Strategic Procurement Manager will be a vital member of the Senior Management team, managing a team of 3 staff responsible for the procurement of Medical Division and Non - Medical (Primarily Estates & Facilities) contracts for the a University Hospitals NHS Trust, reporting in to the Head of Procurement.
Salary: £43,000 - £50,000
Location: Stafford (ST16) site (hybrid working)
* To take ownership of procurement strategy objectives, defining project direction ensuring the active involvement of key clinical and non-clinical staff and ensuring effective measurement against objectives
* To set strategic direction of the Procurement team including the development of annual work plans, targets and ensuring the delivery of the objectives, which deliver value for money, via appropriate performance management KPI's
* To project manage the procurement process for strategic contracts, ensuring value for money, probity and the elimination of commercial risks.
* To take responsibility for the development of principles of effective contract management and implement necessary systems.
* To ensure strategic supplier management arrangements are in place including strategic partnerships with critical suppliers.
* To work in partnership with collaborative partners to influence national policies and strategies and to ensure harmonisation of National / Local Procurement agendas. To represent the Trust at National level in Consultation / Working Groups.
* To be responsible for the development of Benchmarking tools, including, in particular, the utilisation of e-commerce solutions, and applications for Strategic Purchasing.
* To be responsible for the analysis of market trends / forces and impact for the customer base
and more available in full job description!