Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Up to £40000 per annum + Competitive package
5 months ago
1st Executive are currently recruiting on behalf of FTSE100 Company based in Kingston upon Hull, who are passionate and excited about how we can develop and utilise new technologies to shape and inspire changes within an ever growing market place. The Purchasing team, play a key role in procuring cost effective materials for production and services for the business.
1st Executive are currently looking to identify a Purchasing Manager to join the manufacturing site in Hull. In this role, the jobholder will ensure the company achieves the lowest total cost of acquisition for purchased raw materials packaging. This will include developing and implementing risk managed purchasing strategies for raw materials and packaging, as well as compliance with group policies and third party regulations.
The jobholder will work closely with the supply-chain and production planning department to ensure on-time, in-full delivery according to production requirements. The jobholder will provide effective management of the site purchasing department and its activities, including involvement in strategic indirect goods and services and oversight of the site's engineering stores. The jobholder will also be responsible for coaching other members of the Purchasing team and for creating and managing the departmental budget.
- Previous experience of purchasing raw materials
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to ensure continuous supply of materials
- Experience of departmental and/or line management
- You will be an excellent communicator and influencer, capable of building effective working relationships
- Proven networking skills
- Experience of purchasing chemicals and packaging buying
- Experience working with crop growing contracts
- SAP user experience
- CIPS Qualifications
- Ideally Degree Educated