£40000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, car & package
about 1 month ago
Role: Procurement Category Manager - Marketing (Indirects)
Salary: £40-70k + bonus + car & package (there are two seniority levels you could join at, dependant on experience, hence broader salary range)
Location: North Surrey, cracking office with good transport links/parking
Hybrid Working: 2-3 days office, 2-3 days WFH
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the leading global manufacturing companies, with a turnover in the tens of billions, as a Category Manager for Marketing.
This role is perfect for indirect procurement professionals, ideally who have some experience in marketing spend. You will report to a fantastic, supportive line manager and lead vast spend categories across marketing procurement - both locally and internationally. It's with a fantastic team, with a supportive culture and within the expanding Centre of Excellence, creating fantastic progression opportunities going forward.
The company prides itself on its entrepreneurial philosophy and is looking for candidates who think innovatively, can pitch ideas and drive these concepts forward.
Fantastic, modern office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior stakeholders to understand & define business requirements
- Lead the implementation of European-wide sourcing strategies in your marketing category areas
- Identify, lead and collaborate with our in-country team for local sourcing projects
- Manage strategic suppliers by monitoring performance, SLA's and continuous improvement activities where required across your portfolio
- Own contract information, KPI indicator data and approvals for your categories, providing updates annually and monthly
- Develop and own a long-range category strategy
- Negotiate and lead the commercial elements of category contracts
- Support central initiatives, such as our sustainability goals, for improving the efficiency of procurement activities in Europe
- Develop and maintain a relationship with other category teams and sister companies, where applicable, in order to find opportunities for joined procurement activities
Your qualifications and experience:
- Indirect procurement experience, ideally with marketing
- Corporate procurement within a blue-chip company, leading indirect procurement categories within Marketing
- Experienced in developing, supporting, and implementing procurement strategies and leading project teams at a European/multi-country level
- A successful negotiator with excellent stakeholder and supplier management skills, equally focused on value for money, service quality, and positive strategic outcomes
- Highly influential and credible at the highest levels
- Numerate and logical - able to make and rationalize data-driven decisions
- Strong customer service sense and attitude with a commercial and entrepreneurial-driven mentality
- Spanish would be a bonus