City of London, London
£65000 - £70000 per annum + 15% bonus, healthcare, 6% matched pension
Samuel van der Hagen
about 1 year ago
My energy/utilities client are looking for an experienced Procurement manager to work with them on a permanent basis to manage the sourcing of their upstream services in the Middle East.
You will be supporting the transport of oils into Middle East and will have a technical background in the sourcing of goods such as metals made of a robust material, valves or buying HGV vehicles.
You will be responsible for logistic tasks related to the timely delivery of equipment and spare parts to site, ensuring that the shipping documentation is accurate and in line with customs requirements.
You will have to travel once a quarter and ad hoc travel once every 6 months to the middle East as part of the job requirements.
PERSON SPEC - education and skills
- Strong educational background, ideally degree qualified in a relevant discipline (E.g. Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering etc.)
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of around 5 years procurement experience, with previous experience in managing procurement in support of Fuel Supply Operations preferred, but not essential
- Previous experience in managing the procurement of relevant commodities and knowledge of the supplier base is preferred
- Logistics background is essential, with knowledge of shipping internationally
- Previous experience in supervising at least one other procurement professional would be advantageous
- Previous experience managing procurement activity of a similar size and scale
To explore this opportunity in more detail please apply below, or reach out to me directly at Samuel.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a call.