West London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum + plus benefits
2 months ago
Procurement Manager - Food
My client a Major Global organisation are seeking to recruit an experienced purchasing individual with strong experience in the purchase of Food and Indirects. You will take responsibility for a global spend and be involved in building strong relationships with both stakeholders and suppliers
- Regular review of supplier performance and strategy, negotiating prices and gaining cost savings
- Identifying potential suppliers, visiting and meeting existing suppliers, building and maintaining relationships with them.
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress.
- Forecasting cost trends and their impact on activity. Acting on these trends.
- To engage and utilise key technical experts within the business to ensure product quality, consistency and safety.
- Sourcing wide range of products including Food, Indirects and some Catering Services
- Experience of Buying Food and Catering Services preferred
- Experience gained within Food, Food Service, Wholesale or Retail Grocery background preferred
- Experienced negotiator with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of relevant strategic sourcing and demand levers and cross-functional approaches and ability to adapt levers to cope with specific challenges
- Experienced in complex stakeholder management
- Experience of working with suppliers and managing supplier contracts
please contact sheila harris - email@example.com.