Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€65000 - €100000 per annum + bonus + package
19 days ago
Role: Procurement Category Manager - Energy (inc Renewables and Sustainability)
Location: Dublin, Hybrid working
Flexible Working: 2-3 days office, 2-3 days work from home
Salary: €ompetitive + 20% bonus & package
Are you an ambitious Procurement Manager with experience managing a range of categories? Are you also looking for a role that will offer you significant exposure to Senior Stakeholders and the Global SLT? Does working with global energy market markets, hedging strategies and sustainable initiatives appeal? This could be your role.
There is no requirement to have Energy procurement experience (though amazing if so), with candidates from a Construction, Manufacturing, or Engineering background being an especially good fit for this role.
If so, this is an exciting role in a truly global manufacturing business with a turnover in the billions. Your remit will cover Ireland and the UK and offers significant development opportunities. You'll ultimately have ownership of the €500m energetics procurement categories and manage local procurement strategies, supplier contracts, energy hedging strategies and broad initiatives. Your sourcing categories will cover Electricity, Fuels and Gas.
This role also offers you the opportunity to spearhead the transition to renewable and sustainable initiatives within the region, which has the full backing and support of the Global SLT, with commitments in place.
- Translates category and supplier strategies into executable sourcing plans based on actual portfolio demands. Ensures cost, availability, innovation, and quality within the sourcing plan creation and execution
- Executes national supplier selection along strategy, requirements, supplier base development, and identification of new suppliers
- Support the Decarbonisation plan including Renewable energies, Corporate Power Purchase Agreements and sustainability agendas
- Leads price negotiations, contract, and life cycle management with suppliers
- Liaises with key stakeholders within the Fuel & Energy Category Team, and Senior Stakeholders for the anticipation and handling of changes based on supply market dynamics
- Is accountable for agreed KPIs (internal and external) and their reporting
- Current Right to Work in Ireland
- 6+ years of strategic end-to-end procurement experience
- Experience managing a Category in a large matrix organisation, or, have Category Management as a logical progression opportunity
- Strong experience of managing stakeholders in diverse environments - multiple business units, languages & cultures
- Ability to operate in an unstructured working environment - comfortable with change and uncertainty
- Any prior experience in energy and fuels procurement in the spot and forward markets highly preferred