Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £43000 per annum
11 months ago
Procurement Manager - Construction - Sheffield
1st Executive are currently recruiting on behalf of an international construction materials supplier based in Sheffield for a Procurement Manager.
We are looking for an experienced candidate who will work as a Procurement Manager for the defined Category.
- You will be acting as the key point of contact for the supplier base and will manage suppliers' price levels, performance levels, lead times and minimum order quantities, in order to improve the end to end profitability of the defined category, as well as product quality.
- You will also manage cost price accuracy & visibility at the appropriate levels within ERP & relevant systems and actively manage working capital within the defined category.
- You will work to maximise profitability through effective negotiation with suppliers, developing and enhance the relationships.
- You will develop a procurement strategy to support the category, driving the delivery of that strategy through the Regional & branch network.
- Maintain accurate records of supplier negotiations and agreements, as well as maintain accurate forecasts of rebate earnings and assess opportunities/risks to company profitability.
- You will analyse key suppliers' supply chain, monitoring key indicators & flag up early any impact of supply chain disruption, as well as ensure consistency of product specification and supplier quality control procedures, so that their products meet specification.
- You will have experience buying high volumes of product, with a large product line in your category.
- You will have experience working in a Construction, Manufacturing, Distribution or Retail environment.
- You'll ideally be degree or similar level qualified, and hold a CIPS or a similar professional qualification,
- You will have proven commercial experience of delivering profit enhancement in high volume categories and will have a proven track record in delivering results and financial targets.
- You will possess a good level of commercial understanding of Procurement concepts and their impact on a retail business, and have demonstrable experience of category management across indirect markets.
If you are interested in this Procurement Manager - Construction - Sheffield role then please contact me today on 01483 212183.