£55000 - £70000 per annum + + package
6 months ago
Procurement Manager, Construction, £55-70,000 + benefits package
Excellent Greenfield opportunity to join one of the leading property development companies in the UK. The company has just appointed a new CPO to lead their procurement transformation and they're looking for a Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager to partner with the business to effect this change. If you're a self-starter, able to work autonomously and ideally have greenfield experience, this could be the perfect opportunity. From a personal standpoint, the company offers a desirable work culture that is friendly, inventive and respectful.
This role reports to the Senior Procurement Manager for Strategic Sourcing.
**Role largely work from home with some travel to sites and offices - expenses covered.**
- Driving best practice Procurement through the extended supply chain, working with in-house technical teams, surveyors, third party consultants and sub-contractors
- Provides specialist Procurement advice, guidance and leadership to the organisation, representing the Function at management / supplier / customer meetings
- Implements, publishes, manages and maintains a Preferred Supplier List (supplier framework) with detailed capabilities and with a clear understanding capacity/geographic coverage for construction and major works sub-categories
- Deploy a robust tendering process to evaluate project bids from suppliers / consultants / sub-contractors on the framework agreement against the defined scope of works
- Working with surveyors, analyse responses and lead the supplier negotiations
- Use of appropriate contracting mechanisms (T&Cs) to manage projects to time, cost and to minimise risk
- Drives contract management and risk mitigation to reduce reputational or financial exposure
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with senior management and externally within the supply chain
- Supports the strategic / operational performance of our Supplier Management and Category Management programmes in order to fulfil agreed business objectives
Skills and Experience
- Significant commercial experience as a Procurement Manager
- Experience of working within a regulated environment e.g. ARMA and RICS rules
- A skilled negotiator who can demonstrate a successful track record within the construction industry
- A clear focus on cost savings, service excellence and risk management / H&S
- Demonstrable track record of developing and maintaining strong senior stakeholder and supplier relationships
- Encourages others to consider innovative alternatives and contributes to business strategy.
- Strong business acumen, with strong knowledge of construction business models and contracting approaches or techniques necessary to achieve best in class deals. Skilled with T&Cs and contract negotiation within a construction environment
- A strong communicator who can influence stakeholders
- Fosters an ethos of continuous improvement across the Supply Chain Function through acting as a role model around quality and process standards in procurement activity.
- Analysis, Problem Solving and Creativity
- Must have property construction procurement experience
- Be delivery focused
- Niche market construction and property procurement expertise including sub contracting
- Ideally CIPS/MCIPS
If of interest, please apply to this role & ideally email your CV to email@example.com with a few short bullet points that outline your relevant experience for this role.