£40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
10 months ago
Role: Procurement Manager - Construction
Salary: Up to £50K + Package
Are you a Procurement Manager with experience of sourcing Construction contracts within NEC, JCT or IChemE contract types? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the Procurement of Construction services in support of complex, transformational, infrastructure projects valued between £30m - £100m!
You will join the Capital Procurement team, who lead on all sourcing and commercial contract negotiation activities for major Construction projects for this Utilities giant. With a focus on complex infrastructure projects spanning new build and refurbishment initiatives, this is an exciting time to join a team who are currently playing a key role in the delivery of Europe's largest infrastructure upgrade in this sector (£100m + investment).
- You will lead Procurement strategy development for Construction & Engineering projects, creating compelling and innovative sourcing strategies that challenge current ways of working and deliver the best value
- You will shape and challenge business strategy utilising market and supplier insight.
- You will apply a creative and agile approach to negotiations to deliver outcome (not cost) focused solutions as well as leading challenging negotiations to a successful conclusion.
- You will have the ability to build deep and trusting relationships with key stakeholders with an ability to engage and influence at senior levels alongside working with stakeholders on the responsibilities for contract launch and handover to the Contract Management team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate;
- Construction Procurement experience - ideally in the context of large scale infrastructure projects (projects valued at £30m +)
- Experience of working with NEC, JCT or IChemE contract types
- Experience gained in the Utilities, Oil & Gas, Nuclear or Civil Engineering sectors
- OJEU or Utilities Contract Regulations knowledge and experience
- Degree and CIPS qualified