Procurement Manager - Construction and Fit Out
New York, USA
US$60 - US$90 per hour
about 1 month ago
Role: Procurement Manager - Construction and Fit Out
Location: New York City. Hybrid home/office working (2 days per week in the office)
Contract Term - Initial 6 months (W2), likely extension to 12 months and potential for a permanent contract after this if desired
Salary: $60 - $90 per hour
Are you an experienced construction procurement expert who wants to help shape the retail footprint, brand experience and global design language for a world-renowned luxury fashion brand?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
I'm looking for an experienced Construction Procurement Manager to join this infamous business on an initial 6-month contract basis. You'll be responsible for leading the procurement and contract/supplier management process for all store construction and fit-out activities, covering a portfolio of almost 200 US stores including flagship locations on Madison Avenue (New York), Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills) and Michigan Avenue (Chicago).
Here are some more details on the role:
- You'll project manage the procurement and supplier management process for a variety of in-house and branded store construction, design and fit-out projects nationally. These projects can range from end-to-end new store design, development and construction to redeveloping existing locations, fitting out new lease properties or rolling out new their new design language across their existing portfolio.
- You'll work in close partnership with property and construction teams to ensure value for money whilst maintaining a consistent global design language in keeping with the brand.
- You'll manage key supplier relationships across multiple areas including architecture, store planning and design, materials, FF&E, general contractors, signage, facades, bespoke, facilities and displays.
You will have:
- A strong background in construction and facilities sourcing - ideally with previous exposure to similar industries I.E. hospitality, retail or restaurants. Other industries will be considered but with a key focus on in-depth category knowledge and skills.
- Expertise in managing construction contracts and suppliers alongside previous exposure to end-to-end contractors encompassing store design and development, facades, bespoke works, cabinetry, M&E, general construction, fit-out, FF&E and store planning.
- Strong project management skills are essential - you will lead multiple projects of varying complexities and scopes nationally simultaneously.
- An analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail in order to uphold the high standards of the brand and ensure the premium shopper experience is replicated in each location.
- A results-driven attitude, focused on proactively solving problems and working in close conjunction with your suppliers and stakeholders to drive forward progress.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills across all levels of the organisation.
- Ideally you will have some form of professional qualification in procurement/sourcing/supplier management, though this is not essential.
If you match the above profile and are interested in learning more, please either apply directly or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. This is a key important role for our clients and they are motivated to hire the right person quickly.