Procurement Manager - Construction and Fit Out
US$60 - US$90 per hour
about 2 months ago
Role: Procurement Manager - Interior Design and Construction
Location: New York City. Hybrid home/office working (2 days per week in the office)
Contract Term - Initial 6-month fixed contract, likely extension to 12 months and potential for a permanent contract after this if desired
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Are you an experienced construction procurement expert who wants to help shape the retail footprint, brand experience and global design language for a world-renowned luxury fashion brand?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
I'm looking for an experienced Interior Design and Construction Procurement Manager to join this infamous business on an initial 6-month contract basis. You'll be responsible for leading the procurement and contract/supplier management process for their store interior design and construction activities, covering a portfolio of almost 200 US stores including flagship locations on Madison Avenue (New York), Rodeo Drive (Beverly Hills) and Michigan Avenue (Chicago).
Here are some more details on the role:
- You'll project manage the procurement and supplier management process for a variety of in-house and branded store construction, design and fit-out projects nationally. These projects can range from end-to-end new store design, development and construction to redeveloping existing locations, fitting out new lease properties or rolling out new their new design language across their existing portfolio.
- You'll work in close partnership with property and construction teams to ensure value for money whilst maintaining a consistent global design language in keeping with the brand.
- You'll manage key supplier relationships across multiple areas including architecture, store planning and design, materials, FF&E, millwork, merchandising, general contractors, signage, facades, bespoke, facilities and displays.
You will have:
- A strong background in interiors, design and construction sourcing - ideally with previous exposure to similar industries I.E. hospitality, retail or restaurants. Other industries will be considered but with a key focus on in-depth category knowledge and skills.
- Expertise in managing construction contracts and suppliers alongside previous exposure to end-to-end contractors encompassing store design and development, facades, bespoke works, cabinetry, M&E, general construction, fit-out, FF&E and store planning.
- Strong project management skills are essential - you will lead multiple projects of varying complexities and scopes simultaneously.
- An analytical mindset and a keen eye for detail in order to uphold the high standards of the brand and ensure the premium shopper experience is replicated in each location.
- A results-driven attitude, focused on proactively solving problems and working in close conjunction with your suppliers and stakeholders to drive forward progress.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills across all levels of the organisation.
- Ideally you will have some form of professional qualification in procurement/sourcing/supplier management, though this is not essential.
If you match the above profile and are interested in learning more, please either apply directly or email me at email@example.com for immediate consideration. This is a key important role for our clients and they are motivated to hire the right person quickly.