£400 - £500 per day
17 days ago
One of the worlds largest and most innovative sustainable technology firms has an urgent requirement for an Interim Procurement Project Manager for capital expenditure.
This is an initial 9-month interim contract offering up to £500 p/d. The role will be predominantly remote with some travel to Hertfordshire required.
- Ownership of the procurement input into the business unit and related Capital Projects business processes and procedures, consistent with agreed scope.
- Ownership of the project procurement plan and it's execution in line with project, programme and business requirements.
- Ensure adherence to procurement policies, procedures, business practices and codes of practice.
- Represent procurement within the project team and to projects key stakeholders in project governance meetings, providing leadership as required.
- Create, or performance manage appointed contractor to create, project procurement plans, engaging with Project Managers and other stakeholders as necessary, to ensure this is mapped out in full, robust, and up to date.
- Ensure the procurement activity for all packages, are conducted in a competitive and transparent manner, in accordance with project delivery requirements.
- Lead procurement of critical & high value packages in a timely manner, negotiating cost savings and mitigating supply risk on the project.
- Support supplier selection, following a standard purchasing approach (quality, total cost, delivery time, innovation, avoid single sourcing, promote standardisation); analyse and challenge the needs.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience within a procurement management role
- Experience project procurement management gained within industrial or process industry projects
- Experienced in leading and managing a procurement team
- Granular knowledge of CAPEX as a procurement category
- Knowledge of quality standards, tools and processes
- Understanding of IChemE & FIDIC type contract templates
- Strong negotiation skills Essential
This is an urgent requirement so if it is of interest please apply immediately and contact Jamie.firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.