£55000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Package
23 days ago
Role: Procurement Manager
Location: Preston or Barrow-In-Furness (Hybrid)
Salary: up to £65,000 DOE + Excellent Package
My client is one of the world's most advanced technology-led defence companies and one of the biggest manufactures in the UK. They are in period of continued success, having recently won multiple high-profile contracts which has led them to growing their Procurement and Supply Chain teams across their offices in Preston and Barrow-In-Furness.
Due to their success, they are looking to grow their Procurement and Supply Chain teams with multiple greenfield hires in Preston and Barrow-In-Furness, where you will contribute to the determination of the procurement strategy, implementing plans and delivering end-to-end procurement projects that contribute overall business plans.
This is a team at the forefront of supporting the business' investments into its existing infrastructure as well as new building developments and product platforms meaning no two days are the same. This role having day to day responsibility for the team and to influence the procurement strategy and supplier management and selection.
- Delivering effective management and leadership to the assigned procurement projects, creating an environment for the wider team to succeed
- Delivering and measuring performance improvement (people/process/suppliers/contract/toolsets)
- Contributing to the development of procurement strategy, policy and processes for the defined area of responsibility
- Ensuring that supplier and sourcing reviews are carried out, suppliers are monitored and managed and where appropriate alternative sources are identified that are to the further benefit of the business
- Ensuring technical support and co-ordination throughout the end-to-end procurement process such that customer and suppler issues are communicated and resolved effectively
- Ensuring procurement input into the bidding activity such that the budget is met consistent with business objectives
- Contributing to the IPS strategic direction and delivery of objectives
You will be an experienced Procurement and Supply Chain professional who is local to the Preston or Barrow-In-Furness area. You will ideally have experience within either a Manufacturing, Defence, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Construction or Infrastructure industries and have knowledge of either indirect and direct procurement. Please note, the position is hybrid, so if you can commute to Preston or Barrow-In-Furness a few days per week, our client can accommodate.
- Degree qualified in a business subject area or equivalent procurement / supply chain accreditations (MCIPS, RICS, IAPPM)
- Construction contracting experience is desirable, but not essential. (NEC or JCT)
If this position is off interest to you, please either apply directly to this advert, or send your resume and availability to: email@example.com