£60000 - £650000 per annum + Shares / Private Health
about 1 month ago
Role: Procurement Manager
Location: Preston, Lancashire, (Hybrid working)
Salary: £60-£65,000 PA - 20% Bonus - Private Health Insurance - £7K Car allowance
Do you want to be a part of a the biggest defence project underway in the UK today, involving new levels of innovation, technology and collaboration that is also one of the largest and most complex engineering projects in the world?
This is an opportunity to be involved in a massive programme associated with long term UK Defence Strategy. We are looking for people from Industrial and Manufacturing backgrounds who can navigate complex and strategically challenging environments.
You will be involved in procurement and supply chain activities supporting the Royal Navy's biggest, most powerful and technically advanced submarine programme due to enter service in the early 2030s.
The programme is spearheading a wider UK Industrial Strategy boosting productivity by backing Manufacturing businesses to create good sustainable jobs and increase the living conditions earning power and well-being of people throughout the UK with investment in skills, machinery and modern infrastructure.
We are looking for capable and credible Senior Procurement Professionals who can navigate complex large and strategically challenging engineering projects with a diverse stakeholder community and many moving parts.
SC Clearance will be needed to secure this role and we can sponsor the process.
- A comprehensive understanding and extensive experience of procurement activities across Plant, Equipment, Manufacturing, Construction, Facilities Management and Capital Investment and project delivery.
- A detailed understanding of business and procurement approaches, techniques, processes, policy and strategy.
- Experience of leading functional and project teams in diverse complex stakeholder communities.
- Extensive contract and supplier performance management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the determination of Project and procurement strategy, implementing plans and activity
- Business wide construction and project delivery category strategy and its implementation and evolution
- Planning the longer term delivery of the procurement pipeline
- Manage the planning process for the team and deliver the required resourcing capability to meet the needs of the business
- Senior stakeholder communication and relationship management
- Lead Strategic and longer term development of group procurement policy
- Provide project and procurement advice, guidance and leadership relating to wider team
- Promote a culture of total performance by interpreting corporate and functional policy and adapting the approach to meet the needs of the business
If you want to work in an innovative and complex organisation on classified programmes with a great opportunity for real impact, and you have the resilience and tenacity to push projects forward in a highly regulated environment then reach out to me directly today firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply Now to find out more about this fascinating opportunity.