Up to £80000 per annum + + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Procurement Manager - Food
Co. Armagh or remotely based in the UK with travel
Salary to £80k + benefits
Our client, a newly developed food manufacturing facility based in Co. Armagh with exceptional manufacturing standards and NPD capabilities, has an opening for an experienced Procurement Manager to join it's expanding team.
If you are a solution orientated individual with a proven track record in problem solving and looking for an opportunity where you can develop, implement, and sustain procurement plans and strategies to directly support Global business objectives, then my client would like to hear from you.
In this role you will be responsible and accountable for the procurement, (including supplier selection, ordering, follow-up, and process control), whilst ensuring that internal customer requirements for materials/goods and services are achieved in a timely manner, at the lowest total cost and in direct conformance with company policies and procedures, to ensure seamless, smooth provision for the supply of goods and services.
- Established procurement/specific food category experience.
- Ability to establish and implement best practice and risk mitigation strategies.
- Awareness of global market trends and the driving force of change, to deliver sustained cost reduction and the highest quality.
- Full understanding and knowledge of the global and regional landscape of the supply market for goods and services in terms of supplier base, technologies, competitive environment, market trends and cost drivers.
- Excellent negotiation skills (ability to negotiate contracts with suppliers.)
- .Ability to develop and maintain a continuous flow of updates on the latest supplier innovation in terms of alternative ingredients and / or process developments that could gain competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Appropriate qualification in business or Supply Chain.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP Systems.
- Capability to drive and sustain performance improvement with proven ability to deliver value add.
If this sounds like you, then send your CV to me at: alex.steel@1st-executive and we can arrange a further chat. Interviews will take place ASAP.