£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus
over 1 year ago
Procurement Manager - £50,000 - £55,000 (Brinsworth, Sheffield)
Role: Procurement Manager
Salary: Up to £55,000 + Bonus
Location: Brinsworth, Rotherham, Sheffield, United Kingdom
This is an extremely exciting career move for anyone looking to move into the innovative sustainability sector. This organisation is are an advanced technology manufacturer who carry out work to positively affect the world we live in today.
With a global presence the company has a rich history and work closely/partnerships with some of the leading world names within energy and renewable sources. Providing quality to impact the world and environment around us positively.
Projects are constantly being carried out in different parts of the world throughout the wider business with ambitions to continue growing shows the potential this organisation has especially being in the growing sector they come under. The role is in Brinsworth in Sheffield but this role will be a Hybrid working role which will see you work in the office for three days and work from home for two days a week. If you're an ambitious, a leader who is excited by the prospect of managing a team of between 3-4 people within a fast-paced environment then this is the role for you!
As an Operational Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for establishing and developing an interface within the team that is capable of managing the operational aspects between procurement and the projects teams. This includes reporting the status of Supply Chain projects cost and readiness in line with the wider Master Projects plans and sales targets.
- Manage a team of Buyers & administrators ensuring resources are effectively deployed to meet business requirements and support Capex, Property and indirect activities while also developing the supply chain strategy for the business.
- Oversee the development of Category Strategies for each area of responsibility, support and coach buyers, ensure resource is available from wider business to ensure strategies are implemented in a timely manner.
- Set and track delivery of SMART KPIs for your team to positively impact your business unit.
- Lead the team while providing project management processes to follow to ensure all direct materials are sourced within lowest/best value from suppliers alongside a robust supply chain with future growth/development plans.
- Review current suppliers and identify underperforming suppliers have a robust plan in place to improve/best capitalise, make improvements in line with the supplier Performance and Management Policy/Escalation process.
- Plan cost saving opportunities within the team and ensure they are carried out on time in line with company targets.
- Support on the business with new product introduction.
- Ensure there is a process in place to continually review each supplier's status against master project plans and/or Sales project requirements to assess, identify and report on any risks which may impact the overall timing plans, cost targets and final customer quality.
- Provide the necessary training, support, guidance and 360 feedback; through 1-2-1 meetings, objective placing, personal development and team building & actively support a culture of collaboration, flexible cross-team working and a commitment to delivering high quality service for all stakeholders.
We're looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Ideally degree qualified or MCIPs degree. (But not essential)
- Significant procurement experience working within a manufacturing/engineering business.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to reduce costs and drive the business unit forward long term.
- Strong negotiation skills with key influencing skills.
- Experience of achieving cost savings in previous roles and positively impacting the procurement function while building supplier relationships.
- Driven & Commercial mindset to make positive changes throughout.
- Strong communicator with presentation and feedback skills previously shown.
- Experience developing and implementing successful long-term category strategies providing tangible benefits to the organisation.
- Understanding of key cost drivers within a supply base - able to coach and support others to identify these.
- Proven record of setting and delivering annual cost down targets.
- Proficient in Microsoft and Power Point
If you are interested in the exciting role above, get in touch and I will contact you as soon as possible.