Hammersmith and Fulham, London
£35000 - £40000 per annum
3 months ago
Salary to £40k + Excellent Benefits London/Hammersmith
Hybrid working - 2 days in the office required
With a mandate to create class leading capability, Procurement is an establishing function and our client is looking for a developing Procurement professional to join their team and support their Procurement categories.
With foundational Procurement experience, or potentially Infrastructure/Construction industry experience and looking to change roles, the successful candidate will be instrumental in supporting the Category Manager Heads in identifying, formalising and negotiating the great opportunities to leverage the supply base and formalise the spend. Also integral to the role will be active input and ownership of the activities required to make Procurement within this exciting Broadband company, class leading.
In this role you will support the successful delivery of the category plan and category priorities by:
- Acting as a direct and knowledgeable point of contact between Procurement and wider business stakeholders, to help ensure priorities are agreed and delivered to, in alignment with the category Head.
- Onboarding new category suppliers and ensuring operational supplier issues are owned within Procurement:
- Ensuring quality and timeliness of approval processes
- Liaising within Procurement operations and our legal function to ensure database integrity and completeness, to reduce risk
- Liaising with P2P and AP functions in support of supplier-specific queries
- Own and manage a subset of suppliers within the category according to our client's Procurement standards.
- Assist in the finalisation contracts and supporting supplier negotiation on major agreements.
- Develop and run tender and supplier evaluation activities.
- Work with key business stakeholders to help define business need
- Strategic sourcing of new vendors and contractor to support operational delivery.
- Contribute to the on-going development of Procurement and Procurement process.
You will have:
University degree (business, commercial, legal or engineering)
- MCIPs or any other procurement related training or courses
- Procurement or industry sector experience
- Legal Awareness- Terms and Conditions.
- Strong English language and literature skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of ERP software is an advantage, specifically SAP.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Problem solver.
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environment
If you would like to explore this exciting role further, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.