£60000 - £75000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus + Competitive Bens
9 months ago
1st Executive are looking to identify a Procurement Category Manager - Logistics (Distribution & Warehousing) to join a FTSE100 organisation that is undergoing a transformation; due to growth of the function following a recently appointed CPO. This is an exciting opportunity to stamp your mark on the Logistics category with a focus on Secondary Distribution. You will be leading a large annual spend and running multiple c.£100M+ tenders.
- Development & implementation of Logistics (Distribution & Warehousing) category sourcing strategies.
- Management of the strategic sourcing lifecycle, from supplier selection, contract and price negotiation, management of the tender process, through to post-contract award SRM and performance assessment
- Identification of process improvement opportunities, and promoting procurement best practice
- Consistently track and report on savings targets for specified sub-categories using the agreed process
- Delivering best value purchasing: cost savings, quality, flexibility, governance and strategic vendor relationships
- Demonstrable Logistics (Distribution & Warehousing) Category experience within a large, complex organisation
- Procurement management and negotiation skills, experience of managing large multi-million pound sourcing events.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Solid working knowledge of e-procurement systems & processes
- People management experience, whether direct or indirect / matrix is advantageous
- Development of self, high standards of personal ethic
If this role is of interest, please call Brad Mills on 07458 142 936 or apply below.