£600 - £700 per day
9 months ago
6 - 12 months
Interim Procurement Lead (Capex) £600 - £700 p/d - Oxfordshire
A Capex procurement Lead is needed to join an incredibly interesting, innovative manufacturing organisation currently experiencing significant change. This is a 6-month contract, paying between £600 - £700 p/d and is an incredible opportunity for any strategic procurement leaders with a strong track record in Capex, looking for their next interim position.
As procurement lead for the Capex category, you will be responsible for defining short-term and long-term strategy on all Capex spend initiatives within the organisation. The nature of the company ensures that the terms of engagement with suppliers will be quite unique, promising to make many aspects of the role interesting and challenging, even for the most highly-rated of sourcing professionals in the industry.
A FTSE250 manufacturing organisation, currently undergoing significant change, with the vision to transform a tactical and transactional function into something far more strategic, aligned with longer term objectives, with the end goal of achieving significant savings and establishing relationships with the right suppliers moving forwards.
Your key responsibilities:
- Be the subject-matter expert for all capex (capital expenditure) initiatives across the organisation.
- Broken down into many sub-categories, it will be your responsibility to analyse the current state-of-play, determine the full capabilities of your suppliers both on a skill and regional compliance point of view and then execute strategic sourcing initiatives. You will be taking into account factors such as whether there are any other products or services a company is capable of offering and assessing whether there is an opportunity for savings to be made.
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders up to board level and cross-functionally.
- Assess the long-term needs of the organisation, not just the short-term.
- You will have a strong track record in the procurement of Capex, Equipment and MRO category spends.
- Ability to lead vastly complex tender processes within relatively ambiguous environments.
- Clear experience in defining category strategies from a position of leadership, whilst still maintaining hands-on approaches to working with the suppliers.
- Strong experience managing stakeholder expectations, along with winning stakeholder buy-in where sometimes no previous relationship has existed.
- Ability to work quickly across multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously.
- Ideally a background with a global blue-chip organisation in either the manufacturing, oil & gas, energy, utilities, engineering, defence or aerospace industries.
If you think this position could be a good fit for you, please apply to this role with the most up to date CV that you have. If you wish to ask any questions, call Elliot Fisher at 01483 212186