£35000 - £45000 per annum + + package
23 days ago
Great greenfield opportunity for a Procurement Expeditor to join a newly formed team at an exciting stage in the procurement transformation. You will need previous knowledge of a material expediting role, with a background working with a computerised MRP/ERP system, ideally within an engineering or renewable energy environment.
As a Procurement Expeditor, your duties will include:
- Co-ordinate and expedite suppliers to ensure deliveries meet requirements and dates for the business.
- Updating the system with accurate confirmed dates to allow the business to have complete transparency of delivery promises to facilitate planning
- Work closely with procurement stakeholders to ensure processes are aligned
- Communicating with internal departments on delays to ensure ongoing processes are proactively reviewed to minimise impact to the business
- Contribute to ensuring data integrity within the ERP system
- Negotiating with suppliers to achieve delivery date promises and improvements with any potential delays
- Weekly submission of reports to suppliers listing all unacknowledged and overdue order lines
- Producing weekly reports, providing specific details to the purchasing department on supplier delivery performance
APPLICANT MINIUMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Competent IT user including MS Office
- Previous experience of working in a procurement function
- An understanding of manufacturing/production and production processes would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisation skills and attention to detail