South East England, England
£95000 - £110000 per annum + plus executive package
4 months ago
Our client, a highly successful and innovative leisure organisation, are undergoing phenomenal growth and expansion and as a result have a newly created position for an experienced Procurement Director.
The role reports into the CPO, and as a greenfield opportunity with no previous procurement strategy in place, you will analyse existing Major Global Contracts and build a Global Corporate Procurement strategy across the indirects functions, with Major global spend worth $billions across Capex equipment
This is a pivotal role within the organisation and you must be a highly effective influencer and stakeholder manager with a strong background within an engineering environment. You will engage and work with a diverse range of senior level stakeholders, within this matrix structure, including Senior Technical Heads, CEO's and Brand Heads of Business.
You must have the ability to travel extensively as this is a key requirement of this role.
Once the new strategy is in place the Procurement Director will recruit, train and develop a new team to drive the strategy forward.
- Develop, manage and implement a robust and effective global corporate procurement strategy
- Analyse existing major contracts and recommend improvements, developing RFP's and negotiating new contracts
- Support the CPO and the Executive team in the building of the new strategy
- Proactively support active business unit leaders by serving as a resource to help identify opportunities and drive results
- Facilitate change management with cross-functional teams and key contacts throughout the organization
- Create and maintain scalable/sustainable processes and procedures to drive effective procurement transformation across the organization
- Lead implementation of complex sourcing strategies
- Drive total cost of ownership reduction, through joint process improvements with suppliers
- Develop strong relationships with existing supplier base providing the necessary management, tracking and reporting on supplier quality programs
- MA/MS/MBA degree or equivalent
- Background of experience from within a Heavy Engineering, Engineering organisation is preferred
- 12-15 years background experience within large, process-driven companies
- Must be able to travel extensively, it is expected that travel will be around 50% within this role.
- In depth knowledge and experience of implementing strategic procurement processes across a greenfield operation
- Demonstrated success in formulating strategic sourcing strategies, developing and maintaining effective relationships with key suppliers, and establishing effective processes and methods of ensuring satisfactory supplier performance
- Experience in identifying business opportunities that maximize profitability
- Strong commercial approach with the vision and ability to gain immediate credibility
- Demonstrated success in leveraging global spends
- Strong project management, leadership and transformation skills
- Highly self-motivated to develop strategic, tactical and operational direction
- Ability to provide responsive support to business units and accomplish corporate cost reductions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate change management with colleagues and key contacts throughout the company
- Highly knowledgeable across Procurement Indirects functions (in particular Capex)