South London, London
£45000 - £65000 per annum + benefits
5 months ago
Procurement Contracts Manager - Construction
Our client is a Major Global Utilities Organisation who due to growth and expansion in the business are now seeking an experienced Procurement Contracts Manager to manage Construction and Engineering Projects on a Global basis.
- Take responsibility for developing, negotiating, implementing and maintaining competitively advantageous supply strategies and contract arrangements
- Work with Global Product teams (engineering, technology, commercial Product Management), to achieve operational goals
- Develop strategies and lead the commercial contracting negotiations for construction subcontract categories aligning to project requirements throughout the contract Lifecyle
- Identify and qualify new construction contractors liaising with suppliers and streamlining the process
- Bring innovative solutions to maximize value proposition for products and bid opportunities.
- Develop efficient bid tabulations and lead Construction sourcing reviews with cross functional teams.
- Develop and negotiate frame work engineering agreements to support the competitive offering.
- Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
- Identify, develop and manage contractors; understand safety, commercial and capacity risks.
- Bachelor of Engineering (preferably Mechanical / Civil) degree is must. Masters of Business Administration degree is a plus.
- Experience in an industrial construction environment involving engineering & construction sourcing experience.
- Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills, including cross cultures and geographies,
- Ability to work cross functionally within businesses
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent negotiation and contracting skills.
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, One Note) and collaborative tools.
- Good Knowledge of SAP and requisition to pay processes
- Global travel (Middle East, Africa, and Europe) is required for this position.