£40 - £50 per hour
about 2 months ago
Are you a commercially astute Procurement Contract Manager with expertise in tendering, negotiating, and implementing complex major equipment contracts?
Would you like to work for one of the world's leading defence, security and aerospace companies?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an accomplished Procurement Contract Manager to join the ranks of a well-known FTSE 100 powerhouse on an interim basis.
The role focuses on early stage Procurement activities for major UK and international programmes. Drawing upon your knowledge of Procurement best practice and subject matter expertise, you will own and manage multiple Procurement packages within the Complex Systems, Modified Systems and Major Equipment categories.
You will take full responsibility for your assigned packages, from initial scoping & analysis through RfP/RfT, contract pack development, negotiations, contract placement and post contract award handover.
The initial contract duration is 12 months, and there is a high probability this will be extended. The company also offers a hybrid working model - the expectation is that you will spend no more than 2 days per week onsite.
If you're a confident, articulate individual with a solid grounding in complex, demanding Supply Chain environments and are seeking a challenging role within a renowned global blue chip, apply now.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience of leading Procurement sourcing activities within intricate Supply Chain environments, including Defence or similar industries (Automotive, Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Heavy Engineering).
- Significant experience in negotiating, implementing, and managing complex commercial contracts, with highly developed hard negotiating skills (including Terms & Conditions) plus a track record of developing innovative, 'best practice' contract solutions to enhance Supply Chain delivery.
- First rate interpersonal and stakeholder management skills - adept at building relationships with a wide range of internal and external parties and geographically dispersed teams and suppliers.
- Relevant qualifications e.g. a degree in Engineering or Procurement & Supply Chain / MCIPS.
- Capable of obtaining SC Clearance (current SC Clearance highly desirable).
Due to screening requirements, applications are restricted to British Citizens only.