£40000 - £48000 per annum + excellent benefits
27 days ago
Procurement Category Manager
Our client is a Major and reputable Public Sector organisation who are seeking a Procurement Category Manager, ideally with OJEU experience to join their team. There is excellent opportunity for progression and further development.
You will ideally have experience of any of the following areas of Purchasing - HR, Marketing, IT, Consultancy or Legal (but the company are open to further category experience)
You will be responsible for the following remit:
- Responsible for the full end to end sourcing and supply process for a category from supporting business partners to develop a definition of need
- Collaborate closely with the various business partners
- Manage, on behalf of the business, effective supplier relationships, balancing security of supply, cost effectiveness, commitment, and access to market innovation.
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities.
- Identify and lead opportunities within the category to drive performance in supply, cost, quality, innovation and risk.
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs or leveraging spends where scale allows
- Promote a team attitude and encourage communication and sharing of information within the team and customers.
- Excellent demonstrable indirects commodity experience
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong background in Category Management
- Ideally experienced in managing OJEU contracts but training will be given
- Highly developed stakeholder relationship management skills and experience
- Demonstrable previous track record of successful Project Management