Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus + Benefits
7 months ago
Procurement Category Manager - International Freight
£55,000 - £65,000 + £5K Car Allowance + Benefits
1st Executive are looking to identify a Procurement Category Manager - International Freight to join a FTSE100 organisation that is undergoing a transformation; due to growth of the function following a recently appointed CPO. This is an exciting opportunity to stamp your mark on the International Freight category.
- Development & implementation of International Freight category sourcing strategies.
- Management of the strategic sourcing lifecycle, from supplier selection, contract and price negotiation, management of the tender process, through to post-contract award SRM and performance assessment
- Identification of process improvement opportunities, and promoting procurement best practice
- Consistently track and report on savings targets for specified sub-categories using the agreed process
- Delivering best value purchasing: cost savings, quality, flexibility, governance and strategic vendor relationships
- Demonstrable International Freight Category experience within a large, complex organisation
- Procurement management and negotiation skills, experience of managing large multi-million pound sourcing events.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Solid working knowledge of e-procurement systems & processes
- People management experience, whether direct or indirect / matrix is advantageous
- Development of self, high standards of personal ethic
If this role is of interest, please call Brad Mills on 07458 142 936 or apply below.