£45000 - £55000 per annum + car allowance, and benefits
about 1 month ago
Category Manager Indirects
Working within Supply Chain, this role will lead the procurement for a significant category either solely or with support from a small buying team.
The role provides expert leadership in all elements of the strategic sourcing process, business partnering product and operations leaders to deliver greatest value in their category.
- Develops, implement, leads and sets direction of the category sourcing strategy for various areas of Indirects
- Engage effectively with the supply market for their category to bring value added innovation and opportunities to the business
- Manage, on behalf of the business supplier management relationships
- Lead and execute tendering, negotiating, contracting and contract management activities.
- Conduct regular analysis of supplier spend and volume data, reducing overall supply chain costs
- Act as a Procurement Business partner for product / operations Leadership.
- Lead collaboration efforts with other operating companies and the corporate sourcing group.
- Mentor and coach more junior staff
- Ideally CIPS qualified or studying
- Experienced in category management and strategic sourcing processes and development of sourcing strategies.
- Strong background of experience in indirects categories, which may include any of the following: HR, Marketing, Consultancy, Legal, IT (but would consider other category experience)
- Excellent negotiating skills drawing up and dealing with contracts of varying
- values and complexities
- Strong leadership, influencing, motivation and management skills.
- understanding of leveraging operating efficiencies, opportunities to gain added
- value from suppliers and logistics partners
- Able to demonstrate good grasp of contracts, law and its application to supplier