Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£200 - £250 per day
5 months ago
A world-famous FTSE 100 bespoke manufacturing organisation based in Hull require an Interim Procurement Category Manager for Purchased Finished Goods.
This is an initial 6-month interim role between £200 - £250 p/d for a candidate based in Hull.
- Responsible for the strategic management of key outsourced finished product spend, encompassing a diverse product range of medical devices
- Formulating, developing and implementing procurement strategies designed to meet the requirements of numerous contrasting global markets including a prioritised pipeline of tactical projects incorporating cost reduction, quality improvement, new product development and sustainability
- Liaising with heads of disparate global sites, divisions and functions to ensure that business needs and strategies are understood, areas of common spend are identified and joint strategies are implemented
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline of procurement savings initiatives, supplier consolidation strategies and value chain improvement solutions
- Minimum 3-5 years Procurement experience.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience working in a matrix procurement structure.
- Extremely well-developed influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Strong time management and personal organization skills.
- Team leadership and teamwork skills for cross-functional activity.
- Global distribution and supply chain knowledge an advantage.
- Adept at developing and implementing sourcing strategies.
- Excellent analytical skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate to take the next big step in their career to gain strateigic procurement experience within a major Blue-Chip procurement function. If this opportunity is of interest please apply now.