£60000 - £70000 per annum + + package
about 2 months ago
Role: Category Manager - Construction
Location: Hertfordshire. Largely Remote with occasional supplier visits
Salary: Up to £70k
Excellent opportunity to join a private equity-backed company in the hospitality sector that is going from strength to strength. You'll be involved across a breadth of projects including new build construction, MRO, swimming pools, hotels, kitchens and bathrooms for example.
This is an exciting new role that offers the potential to formalise and develop the Construction Category for the company. You'll report to the Head of Procurement and create category strategies to identify key areas for improvement, rationalise suppliers, create framework agreements and bring stakeholders together from different streams within the business while also managing multiple projects.
Excellent opportunity to combine strategic work with rolling your sleeves up and getting your hands dirty.
Scope of role:
- Working closely with leaders across functions and brands to develop and drive category strategies that ensure maximizing commercial value while driving service, safety & security, innovation and team experience
- Accountable for Going to market, sourcing, procuring, negotiating, contracting and ongoing category management of supplier spend in construction as agreed with the property director
- Manage commercial relationships with suppliers across their categories and across the business at a level proportionate to the business importance of the supplier or service.
- Work with leaders across the brands to identify, develop and benefit from their most important partnerships
- Informally coach and support other team members across the procurement team and wider business sharing their knowledge and skills
- Play a key role in the Procurement Team supporting and contributing to procurement strategy across the company and driving continuous improvement in the supply base.
- You will work closely with Stakeholders across the brands
- The approach may be either Project-related or Category related
- Previous strategic procurement/project experience
- Procurement construction experience
- Ideally experience with JCT/NEC, or broader Construction Contracts
- Strong Stakeholder management experience
- Strong financial and commercial experience
- Hospitality or multiple industry experience
- MCIPs qualified (preferred though not essential)
If of interest, please apply online and ideally also send your CV to email@example.com. If you know my number, please don't call until we've emailed.