£45000 - £65000 per annum + + bonus + competitive package
30 days ago
Role: Category Manager - Capex
Hybrid Working: 1 day pw in Peterborough, 1-3 days pw visiting sites (East Anglia)
Salary: Up to £65k + package
Excellent opportunity to join a £multi-bn industrial manufacturing/energy company, with an expanding procurement team, making this a diverse and fascinating role that spans a range of specialisms, including food, energy and chemicals. Perfect for a procurement professional experienced in procuring a range of CAPEX items, to deliver on key capital programmes and exciting £multi-million projects.
You'll report to the Senior Category Manager for Capex and play a part in mentoring junior team members. Significant progression opportunities based on the expanding procurement team.
- Implementation of project sourcing strategies and detailed category plans to deliver agreed objectives and targeted results.
- Lead the commercial and contractual process with suppliers resulting in robust contractual frameworks
- Plan, manage and deliver strategic and tactical negotiations with suppliers
- Engagement and sponsorship with stakeholders to deliver objectives, offering challenge and support to stakeholders as required
- Managing supplier relationships to ensure necessary contractual arrangements are constructed, negotiated and service level agreements are in place to allow appropriate performance management.
- Prioritisation and delivery of a range of projects across capital portfolio, ensuring risks are mitigated and projects are delivered to agreed deadlines
- Supporting and developing the capex procurement team to increase performance and capability
- Ensure procurement tools, systems and processes are kept up to date and are used to the full
- Management of procurement risk and provision of expert market knowledge to support decision-making in the business
- Experience procuring CAPEX (client is open to different types of capex experience)
- Successful delivery of category management, sourcing strategies and project delivery
- Experience of e-procurement tools.
- Analytically strong to interrogate data with well-developed presentation and communication skills.
- Experienced negotiator and strong influential skills to obtain buy in and engagement.
- Ability to coach and mentor other team members and stakeholders in this company and the wider group.
- Self-motivated, resilient and a team player.
If of interest, please apply ASAP.