£60000 - £75000 per annum + Car Allowance, Bonus, Pension
26 days ago
A major UK household name is seeking an accomplished Senior Procurement Manager with a solid grounding in Marketing Procurement and a business partnering approach to take ownership of their Marketing and Professional Services categories.
This is a newly created, mid-senior level position which forms part of the new structure implemented by the Head of Procurement and recently appointed Procurement Director. The intention is that the jobholder will recruit an additional 1-2 heads shortly after joining to support them.
You will be responsible for spearheading all Procurement activity across Marketing and Professional Services in line with the Group Procurement strategy, ensuring the business maximises the value from third party spend, including cost reduction, working capital benefits, revenue generation and service delivery. Spend under management is currently c£80m, which is likely to increase over time.
There are around 30 Marketing and Professional Services Procurement initiatives already defined in the overarching strategy, so rather than having to build out your categories from scratch, you will have numerous projects to pick up and run with. Additionally, the business has a huge appetite to collaborate with Procurement - Procurement is mandated, the Director has a seat on the Board and stakeholders are keen to engage.
This would be a smart move for anyone looking to advance their career journey within a company offering long-term stability, personal and professional development, and a friendly, inclusive culture.
Key Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years' Procurement experience, with substantial exposure to Indirect categories including Marketing (Digital, Brand, Media) and Professional Services (HR, Facilities, Legal, Finance) in a commercial organisation.
- Thorough understanding of Procurement processes and full life cycle sourcing and category management, including opportunity and risk identification, with the ability to autonomously build and develop strategies, gain business alignment, and deliver against them.
- Significant experience of drafting and negotiating contracts, and managing supplier relationships and outcomes using MI, KPIs and SRM stratagems.
- Familiarity with monitoring/challenging budgets and financial reporting of cost improvement on a P&L, covering CAPEX, OPEX, depreciation and cashflow.
- First rate interpersonal, communication and senior stakeholder (Director / C-Suite) engagement and management skills; capable of driving a business partnering approach to Procurement.
- Proficient in the use of SAP Ariba or similar e-sourcing package (desirable).
- Degree educated / MCIPS accredited (desirable).