£60000 - £70000 per annum
about 1 month ago
1st Executive are mandated with a well known broadcast media organisation, who are going through a period of growth and acquisition. We're specifically looking for someone to take ownership of all things procurement and sourcing. Mainly aligned to indirects spend areas.
What is the role…
This role reports to the Head of Procurement for Planning & Performance and work closely with the Head of Procurement for Indirects. You will focus on managing strategic spend across central indirect categories (Property, Facilities, Professional Services, Technology, etc.) as well as supporting key initiatives that contribute to our group cost saving programme which is led by our Director of Group Procurement.
We are looking for a Procurement Business Partner who can work across a broad range of cost and business areas, challenge the status quo and collaborate with senior stakeholders to achieve the best outcomes for the organisation.
All successful candidates will be able to:
- Partner with senior stakeholders across the business with integrity and challenge, confidently balancing local business requirements with group priorities.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the business and strategic aims.
- Influence and collaborate, working like an internal consultant.
- Provide regular insight, analysis and expertise.
Some key responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the business areas you partner, including their operational challenges and strategic priorities.
- Develop deep and trusted relationships with senior business stakeholders.
- Develop valuable insights for the business by analysing spend, market trends and business demand/behaviour.
- Work collaboratively with the business to develop strategies and plans that support the organisation's group savings targets and deliver long term value.
- Proactively help the business understand and solve complex problems by providing analytical support, structure problem solving methodologies and developing options based on leading practices and innovations, focusing on reducing the total cost of ownership.
- Help build and manage a multi-year pipeline of projects that deliver material value for organisation's and align with strategic priorities.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to influence and challenge to meet capability/service, cost, and business objectives.
- Lead the procurement element of key projects including developing innovative sourcing strategies, running competitive tender processes, evaluating responses, negotiating and supporting contracting.
- Manage overall supplier relationships in partnership with the business, including governance, performance reporting, continuous improvement and capability development.
- Work closely with Finance to identify, forecast, agree and validate savings.
- Support the identification, mitigation and monitoring of key third party risks, including ensuring organisation's Social Purpose standards and targets are achieved.
- Proactively support the continuous improvement of Procurement's processes and capabilities.