Brighton, East Sussex
£40178 - £52289 per annum + Fantastic benefits
23 days ago
Role: Procurement Business Partner
Location: Brighton with Hybrid/flexible working - 1 day per week/fortnight in the office
Salary: between £40,178 and £52,289 per annum dependent on skills and experience, plus excellent benefits package
Our client is a high profile Public Sector organisation which has an impact on millions of lives and is a great place to work. They do all they can to help their people reach their full potential with learning, secondment, and development opportunities. They really do put their 900+ employees first, supporting flexible working and offer a diverse, lively, and inclusive environment. This includes their Disability Network, Family Network, LGBT+ Network (Proud), and Women's Network, which offer spaces to connect.
They offer a operate a hybrid working model, subject to government guidelines, where regular attendance in their Brighton office is required. Attendance in the office is team and role dependent.
They are looking for someone to deliver best practice commercial services and solutions which is required to support on procurements and the delivery of robust, value for money contracts.
In this role you will:
- Lead on procurements and deliver robust, value for money contracts
- Develop effective working relationships and communicate clearly / confidently to all stakeholders, both orally and in writing; to influence thinking and to indirectly manage the actions of others
- Work with a high level of autonomy, proactively, with minimal guidance or oversight required and freedom of thought in undertaking tasks
- Make actions count by identifying, prioritising and planning effectively
- Scope, prioritise and plan all procurement activities required to meet business outcomes - identifying outputs, dependencies, resource estimates, stakeholders, risks and timescales
- Professional Membership/Experience : MCIPS or equivalent (or with 1 module to go) with extensive business awareness gained from significant experience of related work from either private or public sector
- Procurement Legislation : In-depth breadth of specialised knowledge of Public Procurement directives, principles and UK specific legislation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence teams to follow best practise and governance standards and to inform and influence Board/Executive/Senior Leadership Team decisions
- Acting with integrity, having a positive attitude with the ability to take ownership and responsibility for the completion of tasks and the ability to take and demonstrate initiative
- Use own judgement and pragmatic thinking to recommend more effective and efficient policies and procedures within the procurement lifecycle
- Use own ideas and experience to set and establish governance standards and best practise across the procurement team, influencing key stakeholders across the organisation to adopt and confirm to these standards
- Procurement Strategies : extensive knowledge and understanding of public sector frameworks plus being aware of new avenues of supply
If this sounds like you, then send your updated CV over to me at: alex.steel@1st-executive and we can arrange a further chat. Interviews will take place ASAP.